Egon Molineus is university graduate in clinical psychology, trained and state-approved as a cognitive-behavioral psychotherapist by the Bavarian Government, registered as a private psychotherapist 71244 in the Hamburg medical registry of the Association of Compulsory Health Insurance Physicians and registered 11838 in the chamber of psychotherapists in Hamburg and M3079 in the chamber of Schleswig-Holstein and certified as Coach of organizational-systemic orientation and in the preventive health sector:
Welcome to my psychotherapy offices, psychological help and advice and coaching in English
• in Hamburg
• in Hohwacht (Ostsee) Kreis Plön in SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN
• by online videoconference.
Here are in the process of personal development over many years citizens of all continents.
Some facts about my life:
In my Spanish passport I appear as Enrique Orive Asensio, as I was born in 1960, grew up and spent the first two decades of my life in Spain in a wonderful family with parents and siblings.
When I finished high school and went to university, driven by an internationalist and modern nature, between 1980 and 1994 I lived in various countries working, meditating, studying and doing a lot of sports (Spain, France, England, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Italy, India). In those years, I studied four European languages, learned martial arts, relaxation techniques, concentration and meditation, yoga, conducted a field study on alternative forms of community life and the phenomena of group dynamics. It was a nomadic phase.
I'm a guy who needs effective functionality and structure. I love that a process leads to a desired effect and I think I discovered that this was possible for me in Germany, which I had gotten to know thoroughly, so I ended up settling permanently in Germany in 1994, where I successfully integrated, got my second nationality, I married Sigrid Molineus and officially adopted my German given name and my wife's marital surname. My name is also Egon Molineus. I have both nationalities, although I would rather have a UN passport and spend more time in Thailand and California.
In my traveling international youth, always parallel to my various studies, I gathered professional experiences as a fruit picker, woodcutter, cook, assistant in organic farms, tour guide, sociocultural animator, monitor of international youth groups, qualified teacher of German, Spanish and English, translator and interpreter and facilitator of personal and group communication.
Upon reaching psychological maturity and past youth, I became a University Graduate in Clinical Psychology ("Diplompsychologe").
Once I graduated as a psychologist, I did the state postgraduate training as a Psychotherapist in Bavaria (Psychologischer Psychotherapeut). This consists of 5,000 hours over five years of study and supervised work as a psychotherapist in psychiatric wards in hospitals (Psychotherapeut in Ausbildung), in public outpatient clinics and in private outpatient psychotherapeutic consultations and in a psychological rehabilitation center.
After completing the training in Psychotherapy, I passed the State examination before the Bavarian Government (in Germany "Approval") as a Specialist in Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapy ("Psychologischer Psychotherapeut Verhaltenstherapie"), a title that gave me the right to practice the profession autonomously. Psychotherapist in my own offices.
I was registered in the Hamburg Medical Register ("Arztregister der Kassenärztlichen Vereinigung") under number 02/71244 and upon founding my Hamburg practice at the Hamburg Chamber of Psychotherapists ("Psychotherapeutenkammer Hamburg") under number 11838 and subsequently upon founding my second practice in Hohwacht (near Denmark) at the Schleswig-Holstein Chamber of Psychotherapists under number 3079.
During my years of professional life as a psychotherapist, I did a three-year Master's Degree in Clinical Hypnosis (Klinische Hypnose) at the Milton Erickson Society, a training that allows me to use induction and suggestion techniques applicable in cognitive-behavioral treatment, both in an active state of wakefulness as well as in a state of relaxation.
Also, during my years as a therapist, I completed a two-year Master's Degree in Psychotraumatology (Psychotraumatologie), which facilitates therapeutic work with normal people who have suffered a life experience that exceeded their usual coping mechanisms, that is, psychological trauma.
And I also did a one-year master's degree in corporate health management as a clinical organizational psychologist, so I'm a specialist in stress prevention in corporate work environments.
Building on that last training, I trained as a Systemic Coach, in order to be able to better help my motivated clients in achieving professional and personal goals within the framework of an organization in a psychosocial system.
And later, already with many years of experience as a cognitive behavioral therapist, I trained for two years in depth, dynamic and psychoanalytic psychology (Tiefenpsychologischfundierte Psychotherapie).
I have been working for twenty years in Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapy (Verhaltenstherapie), Counseling (Beratung) and Coaching in Spanish, German and English in my formidable practice in the Altona Ottensen neighborhood in Hamburg, from whose windows you can see almost all the city...which helps me relax while I work with my individual patients and my therapy groups and self-experience and personal growth.
And additionally, I practice in my other rural practice on the Baltic Sea coast in Hohwacht Plön Schleswig-Holstein, in a paradise with miles of beaches and beautiful nature reserves, full of forests, lakes and hills..., where I additionally carry out intensive weekly programs of psychotherapy, counseling, personal and couple growth.
I also offer my services of psychological help by encrypted video-conference to English-speakers.
In my spare time I do DIY, I build mechanisms and systems, I make firewood with my axes and saws in my forest for the chimneys of my house or I walk through valleys and trails, I snorkel in the islands of Southeast Asia or I travel to regions of the planet that they inspire other ways of understanding and growing.
I am a member of the Hamburg Chamber of Psychotherapists, the Schleswig-Holstein Chamber of the Professional Association of German Psychologists BDP (Berufsverband Deutscher Psychologinnen und Psychologen) and the German Federation of Psychotherapists DPTV (Deutscher Psychotherapeutenverband).
If you have real motivation to change to work on yourself and develop yourself and want to make an appointment, read what I explain below about financing and send me a filled-out contact form.
I can offer you professional diagnostic and evidence-based psychotherapeutic support against the following disorders (ICD International Classification of Diseases, WHO World Health Organization):
F10-F19 Mental and behavioral disorders due to psychoactive substance use
F20-F29 Schizophrenia, schizotypal, delusional, and other non-mood psychotic disorders
F30-F39 Mood [affective] disorders
Persistent mood (affective) disorders
F40-F48 Anxiety, dissociative, stress-related, somatoform and other nonpsychotic mental disorders
F40 Phobic anxiety disorders
F41 Other anxiety disorders
F42 Obsessive-compulsive disorder
F43 Reaction to severe stress, and adjustment disorders
F44 Dissociative and conversion disorders
F45 Somatoform disorders
F48 Other nonpsychotic mental disorders
F50-F59 Behavioral syndromes associated with physiological disturbances and physical factors
F50 Eating disorders
F51 Sleep disorders not due to a substance or known physiological condition
F52 Sexual dysfunction not due to a substance or known physiological condition
F53 Puerperal psychosis
F54 Psychological and behavioral factors associated with disorders or diseases classified elsewhere F55 Abuse of non-psychoactive substances
F59 Unspecified behavioral syndromes associated with physiological disturbances and physical factors
F60-F69 Disorders of adult personality and behavior
F60 Specific personality disorders
F63 Impulse disorders
F64 Gender identity disorders
F66 Other sexual disorders
F68 Other disorders of adult personality and behavior
F69 Unspecified disorder of adult personality and behavior
If you want to change any skewed thoughts and behavior patterns in order to heal a psychic or psychosomatic disorder, you can get professional effective help from cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy.
If you desire to improve your personal and social skills and goals and overcome challenges in your career and private life, you might profit from coaching and counseling.
You may need a professional counselor in order to change your behavior and cope efficiently with stressful situations and emotional feelings. You may aim to feel more confident and develop better understanding and social and communication skills in order to enhance your relationships. You may need guidance on a conflict resolution or solving a problem.
Coaching may help you to find confidence, practice new behaviors or improve effectiveness in leading staff, structuring processes and achieving tasks in your workplace. Along the process you may search for your core strengths, cope with increasing demands or find a balance between work and private life.
Common denominators in my expertise:
In all these three areas (psychotherapy, counseling and coaching) you are entering with me a creative, discovering process in order to actively broaden your own potential and outlook. Therefore you must be ready to make real changes. First, alternative perspectives and solutions are to be created; you are to think different and to break patterns. Thought-provoking strategies will inspire. Problem-solving skills are engaged. Goals will be set and strategies will be tailor-made in order to create outcomes. You will be encouraged to make important decisions and to implement them actively and immediately and assuming full responsibility. By means of directive and non-directive strategies you will be fostered in your self-awareness and in the awareness of other people. Along this process you will be challenged to regulate your emotional reactivity and to trust your feelings and your intuition.
Financing your psychotherapy in my practices.
This are two officially registered private practices for psychotherapy. But not a public practice.
All my clients pay the bills themselves. Some patients get the cost reimbursed by health insurances:
- Private insurances mostly refund you the costs in my practises.
- Public German insurances only refund you the costs if they have approved your refund KOSTENERSTATTUNG application for the refund in my practice. Before approving your application Public German insurances will not refund you the costs.
In order to write an KOSTENERSTATTUNG application you need:
- A hard copy of your contacting your insurance by writing and asking them to help you with finding a therapy place with a public psychotherapist.
- Calling the TSS (Terminservicestelle = call center) der KV Hamburg 040 / 55 55 02 00 and asking them for a first interview with a public therapist.
- Taking personally a first interview with a public therapist and getting from him a PTV11 form with a certification of needing urgently a psychotherapy. In order to file a claim for reimbursement, the following must be marked in PTV11: - AMBULANTE PSYCHOTHERAPIE. And: - ZEITNAH ERFORDERLICH.
If AKUTEBEHANDLUNG is ticked in your PTV11, then you have to kontakt the TSS (Terminservicestelle = call center) der KV Hamburg 040 / 55 55 02 00 and ask them for a public practice providing a AKUTBEHANDLUNG. If this does not work, you can then start your aplication procedure for a cost refund in my practice.
- My (Egons) letter of invitation in my practices for immediate start of a psychotherapy with the refund system. I will write this letter for your insurance after you took your probatory sessions in my practice and having got well with each other).
Psychotherapy / Counseling / Coaching: Differences and Financing
- Psychotherapy: you are mentally disturbed or psychosomatically ill in your behavior (thoughts / feelings / actions / physical reactions / social interactions). Psychotherapeutic treatment takes place after a diagnosis.
- Financing psychotherapy in private practice:
- All patients pay all their bills themselves.
- Private german health insurances and allowances reimburse the costs for the initial consultation and 4 trial sessions without further ado and afterwards for the treatment in my practice if there is a disorder with disease value and the necessary applications have been approved. Because Egon Molineus is licensed as a psychotherapist and entered in the doctor's register and has a certificate of expertise in behavior therapy and is therefore allowed to treat and bill psychotherapeutically. You can get the application forms from your insurance provider (private health insurances and Beihilfe).
- The psychotherapist applies directly to the police and the armed forces.
- Statutory german health insurances do NOT reimburse any costs. In the event of system failure in statutory health insurance at public health insurance practices, it is possible to apply for reimbursement. This procedure is very difficult at the moment. See all the information on my website: Reimbursement of costs for financing psychotherapy for those with statutory health insurance
- Coaching and Counseling: you do not want to cope with any mental or psychosomatic illness with this. There is no disorder with disease value. You want to achieve professional or personal goals or take on challenges. Health insurance does not finance these two benefits.
If you have decided to try counseling or coaching or psychotherapy, please fill in this form to make an appointment for a initial session.
Dipl.-Psych. Egon Molineus
- Ärztehaus in der Bahrenfelderstrasse 169, 5.OG, 22765 Hamburg Altona Ottensen
- An den Tannen 39, 24321 Hohwacht (Ostsee) Plön Holstein