Psychologist Egon Molineus
Counseling, Coaching & Psychotherapy in English in Hamburg & Hohwacht Plön Schleswig-Holstein & online
I want to introduce myself. My name today in Germany is Egon Molineus. Nowadays I lead two practices for individual and team coaching, counseling and psychotherapy, one in Hamburg Altona Ottensen and another in Hohwacht Plön Schleswig-Holstein at the Baltic sea.
But I will tell you first some things about my life because I think a psychotherapist and coach profits from his studies at the university and academies, working experience in hospitals and from his own life experience and deepness in order to be able to help other people to cope with extreme complexities.
I was born 1960 and grew up in a middle class cultivated family. The name I was given when being born was Enrique Orive, a Basque name, because my grandfather’s first name was Enrique and my father’s surname was Orive. I learnt lots of good and bad things from both of them. My grandfather was a charismatic gentleman. My father was an extremely creative hunter and banker. After growing up in old post-war fascist macho, isolated Spain. I knew there were other modern and free countries in the Western of Europe in cities like Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen… and universities like Edinburgh, Saint Andrews, Groningen, Freiburg, Tübingen, Göttingen, La Sorbonne… and communities and spiritual places like Esalen, Findhorn, Rishikesh, Daramsala… and many others developing fast on intelligent, intellectual, social, ethical, spiritual, sustainable and economical levels… all of them waiting for me! And realizing I needed to enjoy a new green, full and open life and to breathe freely with my own experiences, I crossed the Pyrenees again and again, became a nomad and spent 15 quite alternative years studying, traveling, meditating and working physically and intellectually around the world, moving very often. I learnt four languages and spent some of those years in English speaking countries (Scotland, Ireland, England, California and India) and some years in French and German speaking countries. This open international orientated passion still accompanies me today every time I fly again to Thailand, where my heart lies, or every time I say hallo to a new fellow client in my global psychological practices.
As my youth came to an end, I settled down in Bavaria because I got there good chances to learn deeply about group psychology. After many years working in Germany, I got married to a wonderful German naturopath and yoga teacher (Sigrid Molineus) and adopted officially in her country my German our family name as Egon Molineus. But although I have now two nationalities I feel rather like a world citizen, one of the thousands living in big German cities and one of the millions living globally.
Before becoming a psychologist, I studied teaching-methodology, languages and group-leading techniques and worked internationally for many enterprises, organizations and schools as a communication trainer, as a tourist guide, as an interpreter, as a socio-cultural group leader and facilitator and as a certified language teacher.
In my personal young life, I deepened experiences with meditation, relaxation, concentration and mind-control-techniques and martial arts. I felt like a fighter, a monk and a thinker. I made also enriching experiences with community living, spirituality and also with being completely alone or surrounded by unfriendly circumstances, which enable to learn and to practice how to use every resource. "Men are not gentle creatures, who want to be loved, who at the most can defend themselves if they are attacked; they are, on the contrary, creatures among whose instinctual endowments is to be reckoned a powerful share of aggressiveness. As a result, their neighbor is for them not only a potential helper or sexual object, but also someone who tempts them to satisfy their aggressiveness on him, to exploit his capacity for work without compensation, to use him sexually without his consent, to seize his possessions, to humiliate him, to cause him pain, to torture and to kill him. Homo homini lupus. Who in the face of all his experience of life and of history, will have the courage to dispute this assertion?" (Sigmund Freud)
In the later twenty years I have been focusing on my psychological career work and my new family. Dealing professionally and fully responsibly with inner-personal, interpersonal and group dynamics interactive with thousands of individuals at different ages and with multiple backgrounds is a very challenging and growing experience.
Main qualifications for my actual professional work:
- University master degree as a clinical psychologist.
- As a postgraduate I engaged on the five-year German national highest standard psychotherapy work-and-study program under supervision in several psychiatric wards and psychotherapeutic outpatient departments. After the examinations at the government of Bavaria I obtained the German state license to practice as an independent psychological (cognitive-behavioral) psychotherapist in my own psychological practice in Hamburg Altona Ottensen.
Based on those, the further qualifications:
- Certified as a trauma-therapist (German Association for Trauma-psychotherapy)
- Certified as EMDR (Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing)-therapist (Shapiro)
- Certified as Hypnosis-therapist (Milton Erickson Society)
- Group psychotherapist. (Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians)
- Certified for Corporate Health Management. (German Association of Psychotherapist DPTV)
- Certified in Systemic Coaching (ZSFB, DPTV)
- I am currently doing the five year national specialization in dynamic psychotherapy on the basis of integrative psychoanalysis.
As a certified and registered member, I meet the professional standards and the ethical guidelines of the following organizations:
- Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians (NHS National Health Service) of Hamburg as a cognitive-behavioral therapist (CBT)
- Association of Psychological Psychotherapists (VPP)
- Psychotherapists Chamber of Hamburg
- Psychotherapists Chamber of Schleswig-Holstein
- Professional association of German psychologists (BDP)
- German psychotherapist Association (DPTV)
- Milton Erickson Society for Hypnosis.
I can offer you professional diagnostic and evidence-based psychotherapeutic support against the following disorders (ICD International Classification of Diseases, WHO World Health Organization):
F10-F19 Mental and behavioral disorders due to psychoactive substance use
F20-F29 Schizophrenia, schizotypal, delusional, and other non-mood psychotic disorders
F30-F39 Mood [affective] disorders
Persistent mood (affective) disorders
F40-F48 Anxiety, dissociative, stress-related, somatoform and other nonpsychotic mental disorders
F40 Phobic anxiety disorders
F41 Other anxiety disorders
F42 Obsessive-compulsive disorder
F43 Reaction to severe stress, and adjustment disorders
F44 Dissociative and conversion disorders
F45 Somatoform disorders
F48 Other nonpsychotic mental disorders
F50-F59 Behavioral syndromes associated with physiological disturbances and physical factors
F50 Eating disorders
F51 Sleep disorders not due to a substance or known physiological condition
F52 Sexual dysfunction not due to a substance or known physiological condition
F53 Puerperal psychosis
F54 Psychological and behavioral factors associated with disorders or diseases classified elsewhere F55 Abuse of non-psychoactive substances
F59 Unspecified behavioral syndromes associated with physiological disturbances and physical factors
F60-F69 Disorders of adult personality and behavior
F60 Specific personality disorders
F63 Impulse disorders
F64 Gender identity disorders
F66 Other sexual disorders
F68 Other disorders of adult personality and behavior
F69 Unspecified disorder of adult personality and behavior
If you want to change any skewed thoughts and behavior patterns in order to heal a psychic or psychosomatic disorder, you can get professional effective help from cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy.
If you desire to improve your personal and social skills and goals and overcome challenges in your career and private life, you might profit from coaching and counseling.
You may need a professional counselor in order to change your behavior and cope efficiently with stressful situations and emotional feelings. You may aim to feel more confident and develop better understanding and social and communication skills in order to enhance your relationships. You may need guidance on a conflict resolution or solving a problem.
Coaching may help you to find confidence, practice new behaviors or improve effectiveness in leading staff, structuring processes and achieving tasks in your workplace. Along the process you may search for your core strengths, cope with increasing demands or find a balance between work and private life.
Common denominators in my expertise:
In all these three areas (psychotherapy, counseling and coaching) you are entering with me a creative, discovering process in order to actively broaden your own potential and outlook. Therefore you must be ready to make real changes. First, alternative perspectives and solutions are to be created; you are to think different and to break patterns. Thought-provoking strategies will inspire. Problem-solving skills are engaged. Goals will be set and strategies will be tailor-made in order to create outcomes. You will be encouraged to make important decisions and to implement them actively and immediately and assuming full responsibility. By means of directive and non-directive strategies you will be fostered in your self-awareness and in the awareness of other people. Along this process you will be challenged to regulate your emotional reactivity and to trust your feelings and your intuition.
If you have decided to try counseling or coaching or psychotherapy, please fill in this form to make an appointment for a initial session.
Financing your psychotherapy in my practice.
Financing your psychotherapy in my practices.
This are two officially registered private practices for psychotherapy. But not a public practice.
All my clients pay the bills themselves. Some patients get the cost reimbursed by health insurances:
- Private insurances mostly refund you the costs in my practises.
- Public German insurances only refund you the costs if they have approved your refund KOSTENERSTATTUNG application for the refund in my practice. Before approving your application Public German insurances will not refund you the costs.
In order to write an KOSTENERSTATTUNG application you need:
- A hard copy of your contacting your insurance by writing and asking them to help you with finding a therapy place with a public psychotherapist.
- Calling the TSS (Terminservicestelle = call center) der KV Hamburg 040 / 55 55 02 00 and asking them for a first interview with a public therapist.
- Taking personally a first interview with a public therapist and getting from him a PTV11 form with a certification of needing urgently a psychotherapy. In order to file a claim for reimbursement, the following must be marked in PTV11: - AMBULANTE PSYCHOTHERAPIE. And: - ZEITNAH ERFORDERLICH.
If AKUTEBEHANDLUNG is ticked in your PTV11, then you have to kontakt the TSS (Terminservicestelle = call center) der KV Hamburg 040 / 55 55 02 00 and ask them for a public practice providing a AKUTBEHANDLUNG. If this does not work, you can then start your aplication procedure for a cost refund in my practice.
- My (Egons) letter of invitation in my practices for immediate start of a psychotherapy with the refund system. I will write this letter for your insurance after you took your first interview in my practice and having got well with each other).
Contact my practices for Coaching, Psychotherapie and Counseling
Dipl.-Psych. Egon Molineus
- Ärztehaus in der Bahrenfelderstrasse 169, 5.OG, 22765 Hamburg Altona Ottensen
- An den Tannen 39, 24321 Hohwacht (Ostsee) Plön Holstein